Revolutionizing the experience landscape: AEM as a Cloud Service is here
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), the most powerful, flexible, and open system for building and managing complete solutions that drive customer experience, can now be leveraged as a Cloud-native service - with more transformative capabilities than ever before.
AEM is built on open source technologies, most of which are Apache projects. Adobe incorporates recent changes in Apache Oak, Apache Sling and Apache Kafka and combines this with their AEM Cloud Manager offering and Adobe I/O Events to deploy the entirely new AEM as a Cloud Service.
AEM as a Cloud Service is the next-generation cloud solution for experience management, designed to accelerate the delivery of personalized experiences throughout your customer journeys via modernized software deployment.
By introducing AEM as a Cloud-native service, with fundamental changes to existing AEM architecture, Adobe is handing your business the power to deliver superior customer experiences more efficiently and with more flexibility, removing the constraints placed on enterprises by outdated models. By leveraging AEM as a Cloud Service, enterprises can:
- Streamline marketing operations and application development to achieve quicker Time to Value with AEM Cloud Manager Pipeline deployments. These include potential to do Blue/Green (or Red/Black) testing.
- Ensure services will always be current, scalable and available thanks to nightly AEM releases, easy scaling Publishers and Author clusters with the latest security best practices
- Create and deliver experiences across any channel, device or app faster than ever before.
Through the increased capacity for customization, automation and modernization, AEM as a Cloud Service is revolutionizing the way your businesses can deliver personalized experiences in one seamless cloud offering. It’s clear that Cloud-native AEM will have a significant and irreversible impact on the current experience service landscape.
So, what exactly can your brand achieve by leveraging Cloud-native features?
- Increase innovation velocity
- Optimize production processes
- Boost business value
I’ll now take a deeper look at these developments and explain why implementing AEM as a Cloud Service should be at the forefront of your digital strategy
1. Achieving a faster pace of innovation with AEM as a Cloud Service
AEM as a Cloud Service gives your businesses access to cutting-edge features that increase innovation velocity. By leveraging these features, your brand can optimize marketing & development workflows for the entire content lifecycle, increasing the ease with which superior experiences can be created on the fly. These include:
- Frictionless software updates: These happen automatically in the background. The latest AEM releases (nightly) will be tested against your code base and be updated in the background.
- Proactive protection: Living in the cloud always raises questions about security, so best-in-class security updates are also applied automatically, overnight, adhering to both industry and Adobe standards. This minimizes the risk of security threats or downtime with best-in-class security coverage.
- Reactive auto-scaling intelligently detects the need for additional capacity and brings it online. Clustered Authors for easy scaling Publishers are also enabled. By scaling automatically, businesses can ensure high performance for both content creators and customers.
2. Optimizing production processes in the Cloud
It’s the fundamental changes to the AEM architecture that provide the foundation for this cutting-edge Cloud-native service and ensure new ideas can be put into production faster than ever before. Such innovative new features that facilitate the optimization of production processes are:
- Auto-deployments that streamline productivity. The purpose-built CI/CD pipeline rapidly promotes code changes and eliminates manual or custom processes. CI/CD pipeline intelligence can also be used to guide developers in the optimization of release cycles with centralized best practices checks via Sonar and Selenium built-in.
- Improved code quality practices accelerate time to market thanks to in-built code quality gates based on enterprise-tested best practices. Additional quality checks are also carried out based on success-driven best practices.
- Auto-provisioning, which allows new ideas to be quickly built & iterated without disruptions. These changes can then be easily merged into the production environment.
- An interactive monitoring dashboard that allows for greater transparency, as businesses can view pertinent system metrics and SLA reports. AEM as Cloud Service also generates reports with relevant business insights to optimize impact.
- AEM as a Cloud Service provides true cloudification and unification of the product landscape, as it comes with all the Adobe features built-in. This means more cloud capabilities as features can simply be switched on and off, eliminating the need for large-scale integration projects. The stacks are fully customisable and built for your brand’s purpose.
- Automatic backup and multimode disaster recovery models help to ensure reliability and contingency management. Integrated redundancy and monitoring capabilities also offer robust protection against unpredictable cloud outages or disasters.
3. Boosting your business value with true cloudification
Currently, the majority of enterprises with strong CIOs are implementing digital strategies in which leveraging the Cloud is an important strategic element. On top of this, emerging trends mark a shift from a preference for on-premise owned software towards leveraging Software as a Service. This is because businesses can benefit significantly from reduced ownership complexity and the optimization of innovation cycles, maximizing their actual business value. This is what AEM as a Cloud Service has been purpose-built for.
By opting for a cloud-native AEM, your company can:
- Optimize and reduce IT costs by simplifying and automating tactical day-to-day activities
- Drive higher ROI on experiences by being personalization and optimization ready
- Benefit from no downtime deployments by experiencing minimal to no content freeze during scheduled maintenance.
Unlock the full potential of AEM as a Cloud Service alongside a partner you can trust
Going cloud-native is already becoming a prerequisite for brands wanting to compete on the digital stage and meet ever-increasing user expectations. As an Adobe Global Alliance Partner, Netcentric is ready to unlock the power of AEM as a Cloud Service for your business. Our expertise places us at the forefront of experience innovation. What’s more, through our close relationship with Adobe, we can access first-hand insights and ensure that AEM as a Cloud Service is a true success for your business.
Get in touch with our AEM experts today to increase your business’ value by leveraging AEM as a Cloud Service.